Goals and Strategy
At Fresenius, we are at the heart of healthcare. We offer healthcare products and services for critically and chronically ill individuals, in line with the megatrends of health and demographics. We improve people’s lives by providing world-class and affordable healthcare.
In doing so, we take advantage of significant paradigm shifts in the healthcare environment with regards to biologic products and therapies, technological change and new forms of data generation, processing and usage.
Advancing patient care
Our goal is to expand Fresenius’ position as a leading global provider of therapies for critically and chronically ill people. At the same time, we want to grow profitably and use our capital efficiently, in order to create value for our stakeholders and enable us to continue investing in better medicine.
We continuously develop our business areas. Going forward, we’ll focus on three platforms:
- (Bio)Pharma including clinical nutrition
- Care Provision
With these platforms, we cater to major trends in healthcare and become a more therapy-focused company. The health and quality of life of our patients who we serve with high-quality, affordable products and services is at the core. At the same time, our platforms address attractive value pools in healthcare, which will provide opportunities for future profitable growth.
Our path to #FutureFresenius
In 2022, we launched #FutureFresenius to embark on a transformative journey and provide a clear direction for the next decades.
- Reset: As a first step of this journey, we simplified our group structure, optimized our financial management system, and created change momentum across the organization.
- Revitalize: Now we want to gear up for continuous portfolio optimization and the pursuit of growth verticals.
- Rejuvenate: At this stage we will make use of value-generating growth verticals to reinforce and expand our platforms.
- Reimagine: Our further enhanced capabilities will allow us to actively shape the future of healthcare in the Reimagine phase.
1 UN, Ageing and health (2021)
2 UBS, Longer Term Investments: EM healthcare (2018)
3 International Diabetes Federation (IDF) Diabetes Atlas (2021)
4 Association for Accessible Medicines (AAM) report (2021)
5 UBS, Longer Term Investments: Generics (2018)
Senior Vice President Investor Relations
Head of Investor Relations
T: +49 (0) 6172 608-2485
Data is delayed by 15 minutes.Share price information
Related LinksInteractive Tool