Fresenius Medical Care, the world’s leading provider of products and services for people with chronic kidney failure, today announced publication of its 2020 Global Annual Medical Report. Titled “The Power of Ideas: Ingenuity, Optimism, and the Future of Global Healthcare,” it advances the worldwide conversation about the continuing evolution of healthcare and underlines the role Fresenius Medical Care can play in transforming care for chronically ill patients.
“This year’s report focuses on the ideas, ingenuity and optimism that are transforming healthcare,” said Franklin W. Maddux, MD, Global Chief Medical Officer of Fresenius Medical Care. “We look at ways to enhance patient choice, new frontiers in connected health, the promise of artificial intelligence, and other important topics including our global response to COVID-19. Our 2020 report also shows the remarkable diversity of people behind the ideas that are helping us evolve our healthcare systems to recognize the unique lifetime journey of each kidney disease patient.”
The 2020 Global Annual Medical Report comprises 24 chapters by nearly 40 authors from across the company, representing some of Fresenius Medical Care’s best thought leadership on a wide range of topics. These also include precision medicine and genomics, cardioprotective dialysis, value-based care, and transplantation.
Some of the key chapters include:
- Building on Lessons Learned: Activating a Global Pandemic Master Plan
- The Aspirational Role of Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Analytics
- The Power of Precision: Genomics Medicine and Power of Personalization of Kidney Care
- Cardioprotective Dialysis: Improving Cardiovascular Health Through More Personalized Treatment
- Driving Sustainability and Creating Value for Patients in Global Healthcare
- Increasing Access to Transplantation: Lessons from the United States
- Clinical Performance Supports Organized Value-Based Care
- Social Care and Medical Care Become Kidney Care
The 2020 Global Annual Medical Report is published by the Global Medical Office of Fresenius Medical Care. The full report is now available online at: