Fresenius Medical Care, the world's largest provider of dialysis products and services, today announced that company researchers and clinical experts from across the globe present 77 research abstracts at the 2017 American Society of Nephrology’s (ASN) Kidney Week Symposium, the largest and most influential meeting of kidney professionals in the world.
Scheduled from October 31 to November 5, 2017, in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, the annual symposium draws more than 13,000 physicians, scientists and healthcare professionals from over 100 countries.
“Our ability to harness the power of research across our global enterprise is one of our many competitive advantages,” said Rice Powell, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fresenius Medical Care. “Staying at the forefront of science drives our innovation and is central to better clinical outcomes in our core dialysis as well as in care coordination activities.”
The scope of the company’s research and quality improvement endeavours builds on Fresenius Medical Care’s strength as the world’s largest, vertically integrated healthcare company. With a focus on chronic kidney disease (CKD), end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and adjacent medical conditions, the company’s research crosses seven general categories:
- Using science and technology to characterize and improve patient outcomes
- Driving advancements in management paradigms through value based care models
- Utilizing predictive modeling for clinical decision support and better outcomes
- Characterizing the impacts of CKD options education on outcomes and modality selection
- Leveraging coordinated care initiatives to improve patient outcomes
- Defining outcomes related to the management of bone mineral metabolism in renal disease
- Identification of the influences of social determinants of health on clinical measures
“The breadth and depth of our leadership in advancing science into clinical practice underscores our mission to improve the lives of people with kidney and chronic diseases,” said Franklin W. Maddux, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President of Clinical and Scientific Affairs for Fresenius Medical Care North America. “In blending patient perspectives with real world evidence and traditional research, we are able to translate science into clinical practice that ultimately improves the lives of the patients who entrust us with their care.”